Tel: (303) 832-8888
AREAS OF PRACTICE
Colorado State Felony →
Colorado Federal Felony →
Drug Crimes →
Sex Crimes →
Probation Violations →
DUI and DWAI →
White-Collar Crimes →
Victim’s Rights →
Civil Forfeitures →
Record Sealing/Expungement →
Civil Litigation →
Personal Injury →
Interview, State ReJosh Amos is a seasoned trial lawyer with a practice devoted to litigation. Josh utilizes a client centered approach to develop strong relationships with his clients. Josh believes that winning verdicts are the product of thorough investigation, good legal research, and strategic legal decisions.
Josh has represented thousands of clients all over the State of Colorado. Josh has successfully obtained acquittals or dismissals on a wide variety of cases including DUI, Theft, and First Degree Murder.
Josh received his law degree from the University of Denver in 2009. He started his legal career as a Colorado Deputy State Public Defender. Josh worked in both the Montrose and Arapahoe Trial offices where he was promoted to Senior Deputy Public Defender. Josh taught numerous seminars to his colleges on a verity of legal topics while working at the Public Defender’s Office.
In his free time, Josh enjoys soccer, his dogs, and the outdoors.
Josh is a member of the Colorado Criminal Defense Bar, Colorado Bar Association, American Bar Association, and the Denver Bar Association.
Josh was hired by McDermott Stuart & Ward LLP in 2016.
- Bertram Law (2005 – 2006)
- Colorado State Public Defender (2009 – 2016)
- McDermott Stuart & Ward LLP (2016 – present)
- Northern Arizona University, B.A., Major: Environmental Science (2004)
- University of Denver Sturm College of Law (2009)
BAR AND COURT ADMISSIONS
- State of Colorado (2009)
- U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado (2017)
- Rising Star, Colorado Super Lawyers (2018)
- 9.8/10 AVVO
- AmeriCorps Volunteer (2003 – 2005)
- Member, Denver Bar Association (2007 – present)
- Member, Colorado Bar Association (2007 – present)
- Member, Colorado Criminal Defense Bar Association (2016 – present)
- Criminal Defense Institute’s Collateral Relief Project (2016 – present)
- Coconino Rural Environmental Corps – AmeriCorps Program (Summer 2003 and 2004– 2005)
- DU Law PALs Volunteer
LECTURES & PUBLICATIONS
- Interview, State Releases Latest Cornerstone Marijuana Study, Law Week Colorado (2018)
- Interview, COCCA’s Wide Net, Law Week Colorado (2018)
- Lecturer, Challenging the Prosecution’s Experts in Sex Assault Cases, Colorado Criminal Defense Bar (2018)
- Training, The Nuts and Bolts of Duress Defense (2014)
- Lecturer, How to Impeach with Acts of Dishonesty (2014)