Tel: (303) 832-8888
AREAS OF PRACTICE
Colorado State Felony →
Colorado Federal Felon →
Drug Crimes →
Sex Crimes →
Probation Violations →
DUI and DWAI →
White-Collar Crimes →
Victim’s Rights →
Civil Forfeiture →
Record Sealing/Expungement →
Civil Litigation →
Personal Injury →
Josh Amos is a seasoned trial lawyer with a practice devoted to litigation. Josh utilizes a client-centered approach to develop strong relationships with his clients. Josh believes that winning verdicts are the product of thorough investigation, good legal research, and strategic legal decisions. Josh has represented thousands of clients all over the State of Colorado. Josh has successfully obtained acquittals or dismissals on a wide variety of cases including DUI, Theft, and First Degree Murder.
Josh received his law degree from the University of Denver in 2009. He started his legal career as a Colorado Deputy State Public Defender. Josh worked in both the Montrose and Arapahoe Trial offices where he was promoted to Senior Deputy Public Defender. Josh taught numerous seminars to his colleges on a variety of legal topics while working at the Public Defender’s Office.
In his free time, Josh enjoys soccer, his dogs, and the outdoors.
Josh is a member of the Colorado Criminal Defense Bar, Colorado Bar Association, American Bar Association, and the Denver Bar Association.
Josh was hired by McDermott Stuart & Ward in 2016.
- McDermott Stuart & Ward LLP (2016 – present)
- Senior Deputy Public Defender: Arapahoe County (2014 – 2016)
- Colorado State Public Defender: Montrose and Arapahoe Offices (2009 – 2016)
- Northern Arizona University, B.A., Major: Environmental Science (2004)
- University of Denver Sturm College of Law (2009)
BAR AND COURT ADMISSIONS
- U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado (2017)
- State of Colorado (2009)
- Colorado Rising Star, Super Lawyers Magazine (2018 – 2019)
- Rated 9.8/10 AVVO (2019)
- Law Scholarship, University of Denver Sturm School of Law (2006)
- Member, Colorado Criminal Defense Bar Association (2016 – present)
- Member, Colorado Bar Association (2007 – present)
- Member, Denver Bar Association (2007 – present)
- Member, American Bar Association (2007 – present)
PUBLICATIONS & PRESENTATIONS
- Interview, “State Releases Latest Cornerstone Marijuana Study,” Law Week Colorado (2018)
- Interview, “COCCA’s Wide Net,” Law Week Colorado (2018)
- Presenter, “Challenging the Prosecution’s Experts in Sex Assault Cases,” Colorado Criminal Defense Bar (2018)
- Presenter, “The Nuts and Bolts of Duress Defense,” Arapahoe County Public Defender’s Office (2014)
- Presenter, “How to Impeach with Acts of Dishonesty,” Arapahoe County Public Defender’s Office (2014)
- Volunteer, Collateral Relief Project, Colorado Criminal Defense Institute (2018 – present)